· Lean manufacturing means produce more with less. less time, inventory, capital, resources and this can be accomplish by highlighting what needs to be changes to stream line over all production process.
· Lean mfg is use to increase productivity, quality, customer service, profitability.
· Lean mfg focus in total system efficiency and it don’t prefer one operation to another operation.
· Benefits of lean mfg
1. shorter cycle time
2. higher quality
3. excellent customer
4. service lower production cost
· Guiding lean principle is streamlined production flow and lean focus on small patch's down one piece in some case to smoothes production flow in the plant
· To increase the capacity of the factory in traditional way we hire employees, buy equipments, build addition factory space but in lean mfg we increase the value add work(machining, welding, finishing and assemble) and reduce non value add work(inspection, setup time, repair and rework) and reducing the cycle time by use the techniques of make one move one or efficient layout . Cycle time is the total amount time of the production parts in the system
· Most lean mfg systems use
1. Visual management techniques to face and solve problem by using the color pins and lights
2. standardize work by use symbol documentation of the process to kwon the employee are there do the right job
· One of the most essential principle of line mfg is the concepts of pull refer to production control system pace in replenishment and we can use this system in inventory management by using some mechanisms like computerize system or pins
· Another essential principle of line mfg is quality at the source means done the parts in good properties because if the defect discover in the early stages of production it don’t have high cost but if the defect reach to customer the there is add cast (warranty, recall, and replacement) if the quality improve the production cost reduce
· Acceptance factor
1. genuine commitment
2. acceptable work pace