Candidates with or without experience in the painting industry. Most candidates will go on to sit the BGAS-CSWIP Painting Inspector Grade 3 examination, although those with paint inspection/testing experience may sit Painting Inspector Grade 2.
Corrosion theory; surface preparation; paint formulation; paint systems; curing and drying; paint manufacture; application methods; paint/paint film testing; paint identification; inspection methods; specification requirements; health and safety; working practices.
- to recognise and identify the benefits/disadvantages of paint systems
- to understand methods of application and testing
- to understand paint system inspections
- to interpret requirements of standards
- to pass BGAS-CSWIP examination