Author/Editor: By: Eicker, Ursula
ISBN: 978-0-471-48637-4 Copyright: null
Knovel release: null
Solar technologies are emerging as the sustainable technology of choice for those commissioning new buildings. Integrated photovoltaics offer huge potential for delivering renewable energy without generating harmful pollutants.
Discussing current market conditions and the economics of this technology, the author balances the physics and engineering background of solar heating, cooling and building integrated photovoltaics with practical applications.
A complete overview of solar technologies relevant to the built environment, this book :
* Explains how to integrate solar technology into building design concepts.
* Outlines the use of passive solar energy for daylighting and heating supply.
* Discusses solar thermal energy for heating and cooling as well as photovolatics for electricity production.
* Presents the meteorological background to irradiance calculations.
* Provides engineering planning aids for innovative energy supply systems.
* Contains practical examples and calculation methods to enable component and system simulation.