Yemen has entered the area of oil in the summer of 1984 upon the Hunt Oil Company announced the first commercial discovery of oil in Yemen (Alif Field). The well Alif #1 produced an average of 8000 Barrel Per Day (BOPD). Oil was found in Block 18, Marib. Following that, oil explorations successive in the other fields. They reached more than 14 fields of oil and gas. Then the development of the block was done through building surface plants and constructing a pipeline to the Red Sea.------------------------------------------------------
- In September 1986, the production and export of the first oil shipment was executed from block 18 under the guidance and reign of President Ali Abdullah Saleh, the maker of Yemen’s new renaissance and oil revolution. another oil and gas explorations continued in other blocks.
- In 1987, it was announced that oil was discovered in three fields of Shabwah governorate by a (former) Russian company, Techno-Export. These were West Ayad, East Ayad and Amel fields (block 4). Developing of the block was done through building its plants and construction of pipelines to Belhaf Port on the Arab Sea.
- In 1991, significant oil discoveries were made on Sounah field Masila block (block 14) by Canadian Occidental Petroleum (now Canadian Nexen Petroleum). Such discoveries were followed by more findings. Then, the block was developed by building its plants and construction of the oil pipeline to Al-Dhabah (Ash Shihr) area, Hadhramout governorate, on the Arab Sea.
- In September 1996, oil was discovered in Halewah field Jannah block 5. (It was discovered by a consortium of companies operating in the block). Then plants were built and the produced oil was carried by the pipeline of Hunt Yemen Company, the (former) operator of block 18, Marib . Hunt pipeline delivered oil the port on the Red Sea.
- In 1998, Total E&P Yemen (Total Fina Alf) made a number of oil discoveries in the following fields: Kharir, Atouf, and Wadi Taribah, (East Shabwah block 10). Production was linked with Al-Masila block 14.
- On December 18, 1999, DNO, a Norwegian company as operator of Hwarim block 32, announced the discovery of oil. It started production and exporting oil through Al-Masila pipeline in November 2001.
- On December 20, 2001, announce the oil commercial discovery in E.Saar (Block 53) Dove Energy -British, It started production and exporting oil through Al-Masila pipeline in 2002.
- On October 14, 2003, Vintage, an American company and operator of Damis block S1, announce the oil commercial discovery, It started production and exporting oil through Jannah pipeline in March 29, 2005.
- On December 17, 2003, Nexen Petroleum Yemen Ltd., an Canadian company as operator of E. Al-Hajr block 51, announce the oil commercial discovery, It started production and exporting oil through Masila pipeline in November 9, 2005.
- In July 2005, oil production initiated from Block 43, which operator by DNO a Norwegian Company.
- On October 1, 2005, Calvally a Canadian company as operator of Malik block 9, announce the oil commercial discovery, It started production December 29, 2005.
In addition, in January, 2006, OMV, an Czech company as operator of Al-Uqlah block S2, announce the oil commercial discovery, It started production and exporting oil in December, 2006.
عن ويب سايت حكومي يمنياخوكم ا/د انور الورد
من مواضيع alwardrus :
التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة alwardrus ; 2007-08-28 الساعة 06:14 AM