Adam Hawari 711-455 Sentinel Rd, Toronto, On M3J1V5 AdamHawari************* 416-602-9218
A highly driven and focused professional with major certification to credit coupled with 11 years experience in service delivery and IT infrastructures. Extensive analytical, monitoring, problem solving and time management skills. Knowledgeable in system development life cycle, project management and testing methodologies, and ability to deliver business and technical solutions with solid decision making skills. Accountable, quick learner, thorough and service oriented towards ITIL practices and SLA agreements.
Nationality: Canadian / Palestinian
Date Of Birth: 24/10/1975
· Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, SCO UNIX3.2, Red Hat and Suse Linux, Windows XP/2000/NT, 2000 Standard Advanced Server, Windows Server 2003 Standard & Enterprise with Active Directory
· Programming: VB Script, Shell scripting
· Servers Applications: Blackberry Enterprise Server, Domino 6.0, MS Exchange, IIS, Trend Micro, Altiris Deployment and Notification servers, Citrix MetaFrame 1.8/XP/Presentation Server 3.0 and 4.0, and Softricity SoftGrid 3.2/4.0
· Databases: Access 97/2000, Lotus Notes R4.6/5.0, SQL & Oracle DB connectivity
· Network Topologies:Switched Ethernet (10/100 Mbps LAN), Gigabit Ethernet (DWDM), Optical Networking, ISDN, PPP and IEEE 802.11x (Wireless)
· Software Applications: MS Office 97/2000/XP/2003, MS Project, ADP, Essbase, Smart Stream SSR, STOREDGE & StorQM, Visio, Trend Micro, Adobe Products, Crystal Reports, Lotus SmartSuite, EXTRA! Attachmate and COINS. Applications belonging to: AGS, MDS, CSTO, Commercial Banking, CML, HLC, Solution Centre and Trading.
· Development & Packaging: MSI WISE Solutions, SysInternals, Primal Script, VMWare and Administrative Tools
· Ticketing Applications: Lena, Siebel, Service Centre
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, GCO Response Team Analyst Group Leader Apr 2003 – Present, FT
· Built Windows 2003 Standard servers for SID, DIT and UAT testing to integrate SoftGrid into Citrix PS4
· Troubleshooting and supporting of +75 Citrix servers and two load balanced SoftGrid 3.2 servers
· Scheduling and completing change request tasks, tracking all tickets to resolution and accountability for timely fulfillment and closure of Solution Centre IMAC tickets.
· Softricity SoftGrid 3.2/4.0 package sequencing and OSD scripting (i.e. Reuters Messaging, HP OpenView OVO, Tidalsoft Enterprise Job Scheduler, Veritas Enterprise NetBackup,etc)
· IMAC’s modify/add/delete tasks include, but not limited to: Active Directory, shares (NAS) and LAN administration and permissions, printers and their queues, and Citrix.
· Teamwork, collaborating and partnering with peers and escalating to level 3 Global Systems Engineering and vendors for opportunities to improve monitoring, management, and overall network performance capabilities to support business change and problem prevention.
· Developing necessary VBScripts & batches to facilitate & speed up change requests
· Successful publishing of Citrix applications (i.e. SAS & ActiveX IE components, Reuters Messaging, EmailXaminer Reviewer & Legato EmailXtender …etc)
· Daily management of problem resolution process by ensuring accurate documentation, timely resolution and closure of outstanding incidents inline with ITIL practices and SLA agreements.
Manulife Financial Technology Service Support Specialist Dec 2002 - Apr 2003 (contract)
· Acted as second level support for USA Group Pensions data services
· Identified problematic trends with some corporate clients and trained vendors
· Maintained a Lotus Notes DB for 23 Electronic Data Transfer agents
IBM Canada Intel Servers Specialist Jun 2000 – Dec 2002 (contract)
· As 3rd level, supported NetFinity and xSeries Intel servers ranging from 1 to 16 processors including blades.
· Provided 2nd level support for dispatched IBM onsite server technicians to major corporate accounts
· Coordinated and tracked support incidents and meetings, and documented solutions.
· Consulted and collaborated with the servers sales team, vendors, senior management, team members and IBM procedures to meet and exceed service expectation
· Studied existing vendors networks and servers’ deployment and recommended capacity upgrades, optimized performance needs, and requirements for future infrastructure upgrades
· Built RAID arrays, installed drivers, configured RAID controllers, replaced hot swap SCSI drives, installed Windows NT and 2000 servers, replicated and investigated clients’ problems, communicated fixes and solutions, revised documentations and conducted feedback to confirm resolution and customer satisfaction.
· Diagnosed, tested, and debugged newly developed IBM Intel servers
· Edited and modified registry settings to tweak operating system performance and tighten access policies
· Won IBM Star Performer Award for 2002
CES Limited Senior Desktops Technician Jan 1999 – Dec 1999 (Contract)
· Onsite desktop technician for small business offices (i.e. lawyers, medical offices, pharmacies,etc)
· Setup office computer hardware, printers, networks and peripherals
· Installed Windows 98/ME/NT operating systems onto various Intel based desktops and laptops
· Reduced costly dispatches by fixing problems, whenever possible, over the phone
· Carried a pager for 24x7 medical offices and stayed on-call during holidays
· Built excellent relations with clients and generated increased income by referring new contacts
BirZeit University Computer Centre PC/LAN Engineer 1994-1998 PT
· Worked on all technical levels related to network infrastructure and users’ migration
· Mastered TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, PPP, DHCP, DNS, switches, gateways, and routers
· Carried out feasibility study & network implementation design for the engineering building under the Electrical Engineering department supervision
· Studied the university network and electrical infrastructure then redrafted and proposed a solid plane for the fiber optic infrastructure connecting all campuses.
· In collaboration between the university computer centre and the Electrical Engineering department, I headed with two team members the commerce building network infrastructure installation. Recommendations were made at the end of the project to implement other buildings’ infrastructures based on it.
· Migrated LANtastic 10Base2 university computer labs to 100BaseTX infrastructure, which operated in Novell and Unix environments
Education & Professional Development
· Project Management for IT professionals, International Institute for Learning, Inc.
· Full Life Cycle Testing, CIBC
· Citrix Certified Administrator training, IT4ce
· Softricity Certified Administrator SCP
· Bachelor of General Electrical Engineering, BirZeit University
· A+ Certification, SoftTrain Institute
· i-Net+ & Network+ Certifications, CompTIA
· Certified eServer Intel Specialist, IBM
· Intermediate & advanced Linux , IBM
· MS Exchange 5.5 & 2000 training, CIBC internal
· Solaris 8 Systems Administration, 3P College
· PC/LAN Engineer, SoftTrain Institute
· Certified First Aid/CPR