By Gwidon Stachowiak, A W Batchelor
* Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann
* Number Of Pages: 832
* Publication Date: 2005-09-07
* ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0750678364
* ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780750678360
As with the previous edition, the third edition of Engineering Tribology provides a thorough understanding of friction and wear using technologies such as lubrication and special materials. Tribology is a complex topic with its own terminology and specialized concepts, yet is vitally important throughout all engineering disciplines, including mechanical design, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics and biomedical engineering. This edition includes updated material on the hydrodynamic aspects of tribology as well as new advances in the field of biotribology, with a focus throughout on the engineering applications of tribology.
New to this edition are end-of-chapter problems and an accompanying solutions manual, increasing the books value as a textbook. The book offers an extensive range if illustrations which communicate the basic concepts of tribology in engineering better than text alone. All chapters include an extensive list of references and citations to facilitate further in-depth research and thorough navigation through particular subjects covered in each chapter.
* Includes newly devised end-of-chapter problems, as well as an accompanying solutions manual.
* Provides a comprehensive overview of the mechanisms of wear, lubrication and friction in an accessible manner designed to aid non-specialists.
* Gives a reader-friendly approach to the subject using a graphic illustrative method to break down the typically complex problems associated with tribology
PDF Size: 53.95 MB