Garden city theory.
- It was appeared at the end of nineteenth century.
- It depends on the combination between the urban and rural zoning.
- It consists of five circular streets and six centralize street.
- The idea depends on concentrate the utilities on the city center and the residential district constructed with a combination between the rural and urban development.
- A green belt is around the city.2
Integrated residential district theory
- A city is a part from region.
- It considered that place, work, and folk are an integrated unit with a direct relationship with the city planning.
- He defined "the residential district must reflect the functional, cultural and physical characteristic of the constructed site.3
Satellite towns theory
- Its look likes the Garden City theory.4
Grid extension theory
"L. Hilber Seimer"
At the beginning of the nineteenth century
- Depends on the horizontal extension instead of vertical extension.
- Depends on transfer people out side the city.
- Depends on the network planning.5
Central places theory
- Depends on planning a city and village at the region paper by a constant mechanical system.
- This system determines the distance between the cities and its volume.
- Every region has a big center.
- Region land must be homogenous or without any topography difficulties.6
Neighborhood unit theory
- The volume of neighborhood depends on the population volume.
- Primary school is the center of the neighborhood and its capacity is 1000-1200 children.
- The population live in the neighborhood is 5000-6000.
- 10% from the total area is an open space for gardens.7
Super Block theory.
"Henry Wright and Clarence Stein"
- Depends on the neighborhood unit theory.
- Main streets pass around the land.
- Local streets are cul-de-sac.
- The central area is far away from the transportation paths.8
City of Tomorrow theory.
- The city has big gardens which contain a lot of high rise building.
- The building consists of 60 floors.
- These building represent 5% from the total area of the city.
- Besides the high rise building, there is a low rise building and villas out side the city.9
Radiant city theory.
- Depends on the increase of gardens and open spaces.
- Depends on the combination between the rural and urban zoning.
- Vertical extension.10
The broad acres city theory.
"Frank Loyed Wright"
- Depends on the distribution of industry, cultural, shopping, gardens, and farms zoning a long the city main street.
- Depends on the dispersed sheet.11
Ideal city theory.
- Depends on the creation of equal circular cells.
- The cell diameter is 2.4km.
- The cell contains 100,000 people.
- The cell has all services utilities.12
- Depends on the integration between the cities to create big city, which called "ecomenopolice"